Wednesday, May 1, 2013

*What's on my hook?~Wednesday~*

  Hope everyone had an excellent weekend! Mine has been uber busy, finished the baby blanket I was making for my niece. It came out so beautiful and everyone loved it at her momma's shower. Lots of oohs and aahs for it [and my youngest two fought over it (not with fists, but with tantrums)]! You may remember I got the pattern from here. I made all the flowers individually and joined them when I was done, next time I may try the joining while I'm making them.






They looked so cute by themselves though!
 Putting the flowers together was quite easy, and then I had to figure out how to join them together. So I searched on Google, "How to join granny squares together". Of course I got plenty of results but none that I really liked I wanted it to look like a little garden so I decided that I needed to find a tutorial that added a little length in between my squares. Then I came across this tutorial at a little blog that I really liked. Ms. Carina made it so easy to understand and her tutorial made the blankie even more adorable! Now that I have given it to my sister I can show y'all, are y'all ready for the big presentation?? Here it is:::



(Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of something while little ones are trying to get on it?) I had to  fold it to get a better picture so here it is spread out (and with my youngest playing with the flowers):::


Isn't it just adorable?! I'm glad my sister loved it, because I do and it has been baby approved :)

  What am I up to now that I finished the blanket and it's no long beanie weather? Well right now I am drinking a mug of coffee but on to a more interesting subject; I have decided to make my love and I, a blanket. eeee!!! So excited with how it looks right now!

It's almost the size of a baby blanket at the moment. I want to make us a few blankets but after I am done with this one I am going to make each of my young-ins a blanket for Christmas, that way I can get them done and put in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment