Saturday, April 18, 2015

Lazy Saturday

    Yesterday I finished these adorably cute flip flops, the green and gray pair I'm going to keep for Cass and give the other two pairs as gifts (everyone I know is having baby boys right now!).
   I love how they came out, think they are so very cute, don't you? If you didn't see the post from a few days ago, I got the pattern from Bethany over at Whistle & Ivy. I love this pattern, it's well written, very easy to do, especially if you are a beginner and, for us visual learners, she has a video too! Because I tend to crochet very tight, I had to use a size I (5.50) hook. I used Hobby Lobby's brand of I Love This Cotton.
 The colors I used for the green & gray pair are Sage (Lot # 166602) & Pewter (Lot #168104),
the blue and khaki, from the other two pairs, are Stonewash (Lot # 164659) and Taupe (Lot # 167547).

 
  This last week our weather has been extremely bad, thunderstorms every day, raining so much at one time that certain areas are having flash floods. I think we've had sunshine maybe once in this past week. I have decided in order to make it seem a little more cheerful, like spring is actually here I'm going to make my daughter a spring dress. I haven't quite decided what pattern I'm going to use for the bodice, but I do know that I'm using this beautiful butterfly fabric that I found at Wal-Mart and some more of the I Love This Cotton in Mulberry (Lot # 564099).
I think it's going to look beautiful together, wouldn't you agree? I can't wait to get started!
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment