Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Flower Salad a.k.a. Orchid and Lilac Blankie

  A few months ago my little sister & her husband found out that she was pregnant with their first child, a girl! Awwww!!!! Yayyyy!!!! We have all been very excited about the news, obviously. This gave me another great excuse for looking at adorable things for baby girls (like I need one). My sister, H, found a picture to this blanket that she liked but to her dismay it didn't have a pattern just the picture. So I did a lot of research and ended up having to message one of my favorite crocheters, Claire over at Bobwilson123 to see if she could help me locate a pattern for it. Luckily her fans are just as awesome as she is and found it right away. The blanket is called Orchid and Lilac Blankie Set and it can be found on Crochet Today!s' website. It's such a cute blanket!!! The pattern also has instructions for making a beanie, but since baby is due at the end of May and they live in a very HOT state I am opting not to make it. Plus I made her a bonnet that can be found here, I found that pattern on Ravelry made by the very talented Katherine Heise you can find her website here at Crochetlatte. It's a wonderfully beautiful bonnet and the pattern is easy to follow, there is an error in the pattern however but if you scroll down the comments there is comment by Jessie with the fix (I'm not sure if it is fixed in the pattern yet).
  Back to the blanket! I decided to make her blankie multicolored and with a green back. I like how all of the flowers look in the bowl, kinda like a flower salad :)

I do like the white and purple version but I didn't want it to get visibly discolored if new baby had an accident on it (ewwww). Yesterday I started on the green for all the flowers and I am hoping to get that finished in the next couple days, so that I can start on the border. So far I really like how it's turning out, will put up a photograph of it when I am done. Have you made this blanket? Would love to see some photographs of your versions!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment