Saturday, July 27, 2013

Forecast for today? Crochet Storm!

   There has been a crochet storm in my house!!! Been trying to get so many things done before the holidays are upon us. Y'all know that I am making a blanket for each of our babies, right? Well after making myself a slouchie beanie, I decided to make the two older kids one as well! I think that they came out super cute :)

   I got the pattern from Jenn Likes Yarn, it's such a cute pattern to work with and I think the kids are really gonna love them! I told them that the hats were for their cousins :) I did alter it a tiny bit only because I start the base of my hats differently, nothing wrong with hers, why mess with a good thing? Oh I can't forget to add mine too, I love how it came out! I think mine and M's came out a lil too big (I'm just anal) but I still love them! I used my favorite heart pattern to make the hearts for S's hat and the same for the skull (really think I'm going to make a whole bunch of skulls as a garland for Halloween).



& what is a hat without a scarf? I decided to make them matching scarves have the first one almost done!

   Our youngest 1st birthday is right around the corner and I decided that I am making her a summer blanket, been working on it all of two weeks (yea I'm slow, can you blame me with 4 kiddos ;) ) I'm hoping that it will be big enough for her to use when she is much older. I was thinking about adding fabric to the not so pretty sides of all of the blankets, a nice cottony fabric for the summer blanket and perhaps fleece for the Christmas blankets. I'm still trying to find instructions on how to do this though, want to get it right being that I have never done it. I want it to be very summer, like popsicles on a hot summer day! I'm using Sugar' n Cream in Hot Purple, Peaches & Cream in Bright Pink, Sunshine & Floral Bouquet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment