Sunday, July 7, 2013

What's going on?!?



Between my family, school and crocheting I have been super busy and I apologize for not blogging in a long while. I sorry. Better? No? Okay how about this, I am really super, duper sorry and I will try really hard to write on my blog more than once a month. I am going to try for at least three times a week, even if it is about nada. How about that, better? Yay!
What have I been up to you ask? Well I am glad you did. As y’all know I was making a blanket for the love nest, but I had to put a hold on that because I ended up running out of yarn about five inches from the end. POUT! Then when I went to the store to buy more come to find out they stopped carrying that particular yarn. DOUBLE POUT! Hobby Lobby? The same. UGHHHH! Well I did finally find the yarn…online at RedHeart’s website. Obviously I ordered a couple skeins of it and the more obvious thing to do when you have a WIP is to start something else, especially when you start wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out what to do with your time.
After thinking a lot of what I wanted to make while waiting for my order to come it, I had a major “AHA!” moment. I decided that I was going to make each of my babies their very own blankets for Christmas. I know, I know, “Most kids want toys for Christmas, Crystal.” Well to go with their toys I wanted to make them something that I hope they appreciate when they are much older (and hopefully not when I am dead and gone). I have started and almost finished the one that I am making for my oldest son, M. I like it and I’m pretty sure he does as well because while I am working on it he always says how pretty it is. I’m not doing anything fancy just a traditional granny square, I made six of them with approximately twelve rows in each. I used RedHeart worsted yarn in four different colors; Shaded Dusk, Light Blue, Light Grey & Dark Blue (I’m pretty sure it was dark blue, I threw the tag away last night since I was done with it.). I finished joining them together last night using the method that Lucy (over at Attic24) uses :) I love it, it looks so nice and neat. All I have to do is, I think, three more rows on the outside and I will be done. Then I can put it up in the closet and start the next one for my oldest daughter, S. Of course I will probably work on ours a little bit while I am waiting to buy the yarn.
Time to get my hook ready to go, stay tuned for a TADAH! photo of the finished blanket, either later today or tomorrow. Until then.
<3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment