Monday, July 15, 2013

Something about nothing



How was everyone’s weekend? 
Mine was especially wonderful because the fiancée was off work. We had a lazy Saturday complete with playing Wii, crocheting, making play-doh and coloring. Dinner was so darn good that night too! The fiancée and I made (leftover) brisket enchiladas (recipe from the May 2013 issue of Rachael Ray magazine) with homemade refried beans, avocado salsa (a delicious recipe that I got from Nikki over at Chef inTraining) and black beans. Everything was soooo good, we stuffed ourselves silly!

Sunday we decided to take the littles to our local water park to cool off. They had a lot of fun running thru all the different squirters and fountains, I even got some good memory worthy photos of them. Afterwards T fired up the pit and BBQ'd a few pork steaks and corn on the cob (which, by the way, he was skeptical about trying because he (and I quote) "only like corn on the cob from Ohio" lol). It all came out wonderful (does that surprise you?)!







 











I had been working non-stop on the blanket for T & I but I ended up running out of yarn yet again, NOT ONCE BUT TWICE and on two different projects at that (I had started a summer blanket for Pea’s 1st birthday, after I ran out the first time). Luckily though I get to buy yarn on Thursday, yayness! Today is another day, did some cleaning, bout to feed my littles lunch and then I am going to sit down and make myself a hat. I probably won’t wear it for another 3 months because it’s so darn hot here, but I like it and that’s all that matters. Right? I got the inspiration from a hat I saw on Etsy, in LoveFuzz’s shop. I am making it with Vanna’s Choice yarn in Olive and I think I am going to use a J hook, so excited about making it! I think afterwards I may start the fingerless gloves for Christmas presents for the littles.


No comments:

Post a Comment