Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wet Wednesday

   My husband has been on vacation so this will be a short post. We woke up to an awesome storm this morning! Complete with bright red sky one minute and then green the next...I wasn't able to get a picture of the sky itself but I did get a picture of everything red because of the red sky.
   We have a squirrel that hangs around our house, he's been around for a while...at least since before Pea was born. He's not to fond of bad weather, whenever we get bad weather he runs to this little house. 
   Today is WIP Wednesday, I have two blankets in the works. The first one is a corner to corner lapghan made with two different shades of purple and black for my dad for Father's Day.....I still have a long way to go!
   The second blanket I've been working on every now and again for the past 5 months, it's a weather blanket.
   What's a weather blanket you ask? Well I'll tell you. Everyday, around the same time I take note of what the weather is doing in my notebook and then I crochet with the corresponding yarn color I have chosen.
   For clear, sunny days the color is yellow, partly cloudy; light blue, overcast; light gray, drizzles; blue, rain; dark blue, thunderstorms; charcoal, hail/flurries/sleet/snow; white. Yes, I know, I'm a lot behind but I like working on this blanket became I can stop and then easily start it back up.
   I'm also drawing up a graph to make Mars a Pikachu blanket for Christmas, I'm hoping to get it done early because I would like to make one for the other kids as well....hopefully I don't get sick of doing it lol 
It looks cute so far though :)
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment